Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dave & my Birthday

This sure has been a week of ups and downs! The services they had for Dave were well done, and the building was packed to the hilt, every seat was taken even all the folding chairs in the building. The Tempe fire department showed up with their big ladder truck (the youngest son is a tempe fireman), lots of Dave's old football playing friends were there, lots of old ward members were there too. It was well done but way too long (over 2 hours). I will surely miss Dave!!
Yesterday was my "Elderly" Birthday. It was really a fun day! I got lots of cards, messages on my facebook, calls, and flowers, and even a candy bar (my home teachers brought it). One of the sisters I go visiting teachint to and her husband came by and brought me a dozen peach roses. My Visiting Teachers gave me a book, the next door neighbors took me out to lunch and gave me a card with cash money in it too, and Jordan and Betts came over, brought me roses from their yard (beautiful), played dominos and then took me to dinner. So I had a great day. Pete called me early in the morning and later Christine called me and Kimberly tried to call me but didn't get me until this afternoon. I got messages from most of my Granddaughters which just touch my heart so. It is so wonderful to feel so loved by so many! I just don't know what I did to deserve it but I sure am thankful for it! I have truly been blessed!! Thank you to each one of you , you fill my life and heart with joy and happiness.

7 comments:

Kimber said...

I can never remember what time your church is, so I just wait until the afternoon. LOL I could have called at 3AM, but I don't think you would have appreciated that. Love you Mom!

Princess Lisa said...

Happy 50th Birthday! Can't believe it's here already!

Elise said...

Forgive me for my belated Happy Birthday wish. We love and miss you, and I'm glad you had such a great day. What birthday was it? 42? 38?

Lonna said...

Sounds like a really nice service!
I think it is great when you can celebrate someone's life. Hard to do but such a great chance to look at who they are, where they came from. I'm glad you could attend.

Rae said...

Thanks, Kimber, love you too!
Lisa, I can't belive it's here either, it came so fast and then some!
Thanks, Elise, as Lisa pointed out it must be my 50th (ahem) or something. Love and miss you too always!
Lonna, it really was a celebration of Dave's life, it was hard but I did it, one more notch in my belt!

Kimber said...

I am so proud of you for that "notch". I know how hard it was for you to sit through that service.

Rae said...

Thanks, Kimber, it sure was!