Sunday, November 16, 2008

Friends

What a fun evening I had with my dear friends Jordan and Betts and Bob and Pat Gunter (from Idaho). They are some of the people we served missions with at the Family History Center years ago. Such fun to be with! I drove over to The Strebeck's and then the 3 of us met the Gunter's at Nando's Resturant in Gilbert. It's a great mexican food place. We ate and then went back to the Strebeck's home and played 2 games of Phase 10. Of course we laughed and talked alot so we were there a long time. (I didn't get home until about 11 pm). It's so great to spend time with such good friends especially when you have so much in common and really enjoy each others company. I didn't win either of the games but that didn't matter at all, because I won a wonderful evening and made some lovely memories that will last forever. As I was leaving Jordan made me wait so we could go put and cut some roses for me to bring home with me. They have had the most beautiful roses this year (no yellow ones though). I have them in a vase on my bar and can smell the lovely fragance of roses all over the house. Wonderful!
I will be so sad to see them all go. The Gunter's are going back to Idaho today, and the Strebeck's are planning to move to St. George as soon as they can. They already bought a house there. I hope they don't go real soon, but that's just me being selfish. I will miss them so much. We get together as often as possible usually at least once a week. I know they'll be happy there but I won't be-- Boo Hoo!! Don't I sound pitiful!?!

2 comments:

Lonna said...

Mom, St George isn't very far away and you never have to go into the mountain country so I don't know why you wouldn't go visit as often as you want to. It's a hop over to Vegas from there to see a show or shop. Go....it's a nice escape and you'll have lots to look forward to.

Bryan said...

I agree with Mom. This is great. Plus it's only about 6 hrs from Logan. Perfect!