Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Visit- being a idiot

I just had a flying visit from Pete and Kathy. What fun! It's always so good to see my kids. I was so glad to have them here that I forgot I had visiting teachers coming and went off gadding with Pete and Kathy. Well about 3 hours later I got a call from my next door neighbor, (who was in Utah for Conference) wanting to know if I was alright, and then 30 minutes later I got a call from my visiting teacher wondering if I was alright. Boy, it's sure nice to know that people care enough to check up on me! I get so wound up in my own world and I think nobody worries about me except my family, so it's nice to know that the Ward is looking out for me. Makes me feel safer.
Speaking of feeling safer, I did the dumbest thing today--locked myself out of the house. Went out to get my newspaper and shut the door, without knowing the doorknow lock was turned, and imagine my surprise when I couldn't get back in! And no one else has a key to my house, because of the new doors, I just haven't given a key to anyone. My neighbor (Bishop) managed to get one of my windows open, finally, and I got back in. Needless to say, I gave him a key to my house before he left so this couldn't happen again. Man oh man, I sure felt like a fool! I went out without my cell phone, so I couldn't even call a lock smith. IDIOT!!!

5 comments:

Kimber said...

If you would give us one, Anthony could have come right over to open the door. At least the bishop got a window open, but that makes me worry about your windows safety.

Lonna said...

That had to be super frustrating! I would have gone next door and asked for a sandwich and just waited for one of my kids who has a key.

Unknown said...

Oh that is the worst!! Well at least you solved the problem so in the future you can get back in.

Princess Lisa said...

You weren't naked, were you? I've seen that on movies a million times...so embarrassing! And I've often suspected you of being a nudist. So, it makes sense.

Bryan said...

I got locked in my car once. I got in went to start the car and you guessed it, the keys are on the ground outside. I waited 40 minutes for someone to finally come and rescue me. In the end I felt pretty stupid. For some reason I didn't even think of trying my cell phone.